Friday, April 30, 2010

Star Trek DS9 Phaser Rifle on eBay




A Star Trek TNG/DS9 style Phaser Rifle is up again on eBay. The seller has offered this before, but because of his high price has never sold it. The eBay ad states:

Here's the info I was given about the rifle when I got it:

"ANYWAY....here is one of my favorite Phaser rifles. I bought it from Next Gen's Property Master on one of my set visits. It was the day they filmed inside the Borg "hall" for the 6th season's cliffhangar "Decent part 1". I saw this being used right in front of me, and when I went to lunch with the P.M. we worked out the deal and when I left that day, I left with the prop."

Comes with an LOA (Letter of Authenticity) detailing the history of the prop (it was also used on DS9), and is guaranteed to be authentic.

OK, so the seller didn't get it from the Prop Master, the guy he bought it from CLAIMS he did. I don't know about you, but I don't know many prop master's who sell props on the studio lot.

Now, to be fair, no one makes replicas in rubber. So that works in its favor. Still, shaky provenance and way overpriced.


Alec

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive