Sunday, May 20, 2007

My trip to London and meeting Giles Aston

Many of you know Giles Aston, the Patrick Stewart look-alike who is a huge Star Trek fan. Well he and I have struck up a great friendship over the Internet discussing props, costumes and the IAW auctions. We actually met at Christie's and starting chatting via email a few months ago after he checked out my blog. So when I flew into London for a party a girlfriend of mine was throwing, it only made sense to visit Giles at his home. He and his girlfriend Alex even joined me at the party and we had a great time (I also remained sober and avoided puking over any park benches!).

Friday night I went to Giles home and he shared his collection with me. He also just got a package from IAW and he opened it up while I was there! Here are some photos....

Giles sitting next to his Picard as Robin Hood costume from Christie's

This is a casual costume for Shinzon in Star Trek: Nemesis that was never used

Giles unpacking the latest box from IAW

The latest arrival! Picard's Romulan Robes from "Unification". A true gem!

Then on Sunday, Giles picked me up in his vintage 1935 Frazer-Nash BMW. It is a beautiful classic car and we drove all around London, Giles driving like a maniac in and out of traffic. I have NEVER seen a car get so many looks as every passer by seemed to want a photo or give a thumbs up to Giles for having such a great car. It was amazing. I have a 2001 Lotus Esprit, and I NEVER get that much attention when I drive my baby around Atlanta. The English people, even little kids, just LOVE this car.

Giles arrives at my hotel to pick me up for a day of touring London

Driving through Piccadily Circus

St. Paul's Cathedral

And some big clock

Well, thanks to Giles and Alex for being great hosts/Tour Guides/party buddies. I had a great time in London the past three days. Monday I am off to Luxembourg on business and then back to the USA Tuesday.

Alec

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive